Tuesday 5 February 2013

Ring pull ring

In looking at old and discarded materials, I also wanted to look at how these can be combined with new materials to create more interesting pieces. For this ring, I knew I wanted the ring pull to be visible on top of the finger, So I then just experimented fitting different pieces and materials I had collected to complete the rest of the ring. I then found a stone (cubic zirconia) that would fit in the top of the rubber piece that sticks out on top of the ring.

I think this mix of old and new has worked really well, and the ring is decorative but not overly-complicated. It is wearable, and hopefully more of this type of jewellery can be made by recycling materials in the future to make jewellery more sustainable and environmentally friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment