Thursday 17 January 2013

New Project: Old to New

For my new project, I wanted to carry on the ideas I was working on towards the end of my trace elements: using pottery shards, and making them into new things, and also mending broken items using new  materials and methods.
I have chosen the title 'Old to New' for my new project, focussing on making new objects and small items from old, recycled or reclaimed materials. As a starting point I am planning to look at the shapes, patterns and colours in flowers and leaves to influence my making.
My main reasons for choosing this project theme is based on research I have been doing for my essay, and the artists I have been looking at all use reclaimed materials and small remnants of pieces, left over from something else. I want to bring this into my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment