Tuesday 5 February 2013

Repeating pattern with found objects.

For this piece, I used a pipe cutter to cut two plastic cylinders into different lengths and arranged and glued them into a triangle. I then photocopied some patterns I had drawn using circles to make them smaller, and glued these to the back, cutting them to size so they were visible through the tubes. I think this could be used as a pendant or a large ring.

 I then started looking through the objects I had found and seeing which ones I had a lot of. I found I had quite a few plastic caps that my mum brought home from work, which are usually thrown away with the rest of the packaging. They are transparent plastic, with labels around the edges. I wanted to use these properties  to make jewellery, so I wanted whatever I made let the light through, and also leave some of the labels visible, so you can tell it has been made from something that was once something else. I used wire and a little bit of glue to hold them in a repeating pattern so that there isn't anything covering the sides or ends of the pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment