Thursday 27 December 2012

Close up photography.

A selection of photos taken with the macro function on my new camera, a Canon Powershot SX220. Some of these are fairly abstract because of the extreme close-ups, as they show details that you wouldn't normally notice.
 I like the texture on the fake greenery, and the slightly different shades of green on each strand.
 I really like the delicate little curly pieces in this Christmas decoration.
 This photo shows a lot of detail, the grain of the wood, the line on the side of the knife where it has been cast, the loose thread on the place mat and the weave of the fabric. I really like the lines going downwards and sideways.
 This picture has picked up the direction of the fur on Dexter's nose, as well as the pattern on the cushion.
 These two photos are of the net curtain, which has been ripped by Dexter. The rips are very small and hardly noticeable but because these photos are so close up, it seems to look organic, something you might see under a microscope.
 This is a part of a bracelet I got for Christmas, made of semi-precious stones. I think the beads look like the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment